Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wine Wednesday Resumes!!!

I can't believe I've missed so many Wine Wednesdays, they are so dear to my heart. It won't happen again. Please forgive me. This Wednesday I want to talk about Super Tuscans. The term "Super Tuscan" describes any Tuscan red wine that does not adhere to traditional blending laws for the region. For example, Chianti Classico wines are made from a blend of grapes with Sangiovese as the dominant varietal in the blend. Super Tuscans often use other grapes, especially cabernet sauvignon, making them ineligible for DOC(G) classification under the traditional rules. (Blah blah- get to the wine...) OK so I had this particular wine at Ozzie's Corner Italian, and it was delish. It's called Monte Antico, and after paying 7.00 a glass, I ventured to my local Total Wine to see what a bottle would run me. 9.99. Seriously? The lesson, drink at home-- and try a Super Tuscan today! Preferably this one. Cheers! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment